Friday, November 11, 2011

Lest We Forget

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
      Between the crosses, row on row,
   That mark our place; and in the sky
   The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
   Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
         In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
   The torch; be yours to hold it high.
   If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
         In Flanders fields

"...Cpl Pinksen bravely served with his comrades to help build a stable environment to support a better and brighter future for Afghans. This tragic passing illustrates some of the many risks that the men and women of the Canadian Forces face every day in carrying out their duties..." R.I.P 08/2010


Thank you to all of you brave soul's past present and future that protect the values we hold so dear.

I wear no uniforms, no blues or greens.
But, I am in the military, in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give.
But in the military world is where I live.
I am not in the chain of command, orders I do not give or get.
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget.
I am not the one who fires a weapon, Who puts his life on the line.
But my job is just as tough, I’m the one who is always left behind.
My husband is a patriot, a brave and pride filled man.
And the call to serve his country not all can understand.
Behind the lines, I see things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do my kids and me.
This is the man I love. The military is his life.
So I pledge to support my hero and stand among the silent ranks known as THE MILITARY WIFE!



No comments:

Post a Comment