Sunday, February 6, 2011

Storm Update

We got hit with snow.
big time.
remember the picture of our ice rink? it's been buried.
which by the way never did work.

hopefully the roads will clear up later...we need a few groceries!
and to think just last night, before the storm I was starting to get excited that it was february and it was nowhere but up from here and we were on our way to spring.
I had said that I should be getting to the library and getting some gardening books to start planning our vegetable garden.
Maybe I should go back to those thoughts in a few weeks...

For now, I'll be thinking about some of these projects that make me think of summer.
Hopefully they'll inspire some of you, and give you hope that the snow will end!

scrappy sherbet
scrappy sherbet quilt by Sentimental Stitches {here}


vintage sheet beach blanket by Nest Full of Eggs {here}

toddler t-shirt to dress idea by Samster Mommy {here}
*she has a TON of examples, check out the rest of her blog

handy dad by todd davis {here}
time to start planning out some great projects to do with your kids now!

I'll be spending most of the day dreaming about summer, and these projects and fresh vegetables with a cup of tea. Today seems like a good day to start asembling my backing and batting and quilt top for my winter themed quilt!

Let me know if you plan on making any of these projects! or if you've already made some of these projects, or if you have some summer projects you'd like to share as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment